On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 05:53:48PM +0200, Juerd wrote:
: > I kinda like the IO::All module, except for how it overloads < and >.
: >     my $page <== io("http://www.wall.org/~larry";);
:
: "IO" used in this way denies that there's non-stream-based IO too.

How so?  Where's the xor?

: Waiting for a certain wire to get shorted is input too, as is writing
: directly to graphic memory a form of output.

I don't see how an IO is prevented from being used like any other
handle.  The handle type is there so MMD can pick out particular
behaviors for <== and syswrite().  And different subtypes of handles
can pick out different behaviors.  Even the OS can keep track of
the types of file descriptors that are just integers as far as the
user is concerned.

Larry