On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 03:32:12 -0400, Autrijus Tang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
3. Labels applies to blocks, not statements

Instead of this:

    LABEL:
        say "Hello!"
        say "Hi!"

One has to write this (essentially creating named blocks):

    LABEL: {
        say "Hello!"
        say "Hi!"
    }

It makes sense because labels are frequently only used for block
control; the only thing that requires them at the statement level
is goto(), and you can still goto(LABEL) if you really want to.

I've missed out on some Perl6 stuff, so excuse me as this was probably already discussed.

Does that mean this is possible?

        my Int $i = 0;
        LABEL: {
                say $i;
                $i++;
                next if $i < 5;
        }

With no next/break/continue/whatever it is, the code block is executed only once. But you still have the ability to treat it as a loop of sorts?

4. Software Transaction Memory

Yes! that would be awesome! I've never used Haskell, but I can see the good uses for it :)