Stevan~

On 5/7/05, Stevan Little <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> But can it also be a Junction? :
>         $fido.isa(Dog | Cat)    # true if $fido.isa(Dog) or $fido.isa(Cat)
>         $fido.isa(Dog & Beagle) # true if $fide.isa(Dog) and $fido.isa(Beagle)
>
> If it can be a Junction, it makes me wonder if maybe what is happening
> behind the scenes is not some variant of the "smart-match" (~~). In
> that case, then would something like this DWIM (ignoring the
> questionable sanity of actually doing it for a momemnt)

This can be accomplished by simply using the autothreading semantics
of junctions.  The isa() call will be made repeatedly with the
different arguments and then the junction will know how to combine
that into a single boolean result.

Matt
--
"Computer Science is merely the post-Turing Decline of Formal Systems Theory."
-???