Jared Still wrote:

I use a (Perl) password server for this.

Passwords are stored encrypted in a configuration file.

Clients authenticate with the server, and receive a requested
password (encrypted) across the network, if the client is
entitled.

The user authentication is rudimentary, but it works.
SSH certificates would be better, just need to do it.

This is more of the direction I'm going; i.e., I don't want a
DBI-specific password file as a requirement since I'm looking
at a central way of storing a variety of passwords, DBI and
non-DBI.  I think the file idea is fine as an environment- or
configuration-driven _option_.

--
Steve Sapovits  [EMAIL PROTECTED]