On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 12:27:53AM +0200, Ingo Blechschmidt wrote:
: Hi,
:
: Andrew Shitov wrote:
: >>     say $pair[0];  # a?
: >
: > It looks like $pair is an arrayref while 'say ref $pair' tells 'Pair'.
:
: right, this is why I asked, IMHO it's bogus.

Yes, for bare pairs, it's probably somewhat bogus.  But now I'm asking
myself about the use of as a Lispish '.':

There's something to be said for having a way of indexing into that
using numeric subscripts.  Certainly Lisp's extensible car/cdr notation
is the wrong way to do it, but cdddr is certainly shorter than

    $pair.value.value.value

But maybe that's worth being dehuffmanized like that...

Larry