On Oct 5, 2005, at 7:49 PM, Damian Conway wrote:

Providing a :fillin() adverb on C<zip> is a suboptimal solution, because it implies that you would always want to fill in *any* gap with the same value. While that's likely in a two-way zip, it seems much less likely in a multiway zip.

I actually have no problem with the solution you suggest (although I rather like my idea about being able to 'fill in' with a control exception), but I do have a question. If you want a multiway zip with differing fillins, can't you do this?

@foo = 1..10 ¥:fill(0) 'a'..c' ¥:fill('x') ¥ 1..50;

Assuming, of course, that it is possible to stick an adverb on the op as I was requesting.

--Dks