As an addendum to what I said before ...

The general kind of thing I am proposing for Perl 6 to have is a declarative syntax for more kinds of tasks, where you can simply specify *what* you want to happen, and you don't have to tell Perl how to perform that task.

An example of declaratives that is already specified is hyper-operators; you don't have to tell Perl how to iterate through various lists or divide up tasks.

I would want the set operations for tuples to be like that, but the example code that Luke and I expressed already, with maps and greps etc, seems to smack too much of telling Perl how to do the job.

I don't want to have to use maps or greps or whatever, to express the various relational operations.

-- Darren Duncan