On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Juerd wrote:

    while $x-- && some_condition($x) {}
Here, while is being passed a hash

Why? Doesn't while's signature specifically prescribe a sub there, and
if it does, then wouldn't it be just a bit too silly to stick to {}
being a hash?

Well, as hinted in my other mail, a hash is a _function_ and it _may_ have sense to stick a hash there, provided a suitable while() providing suitable (no pun intended!) additional dwimmery is defined. Since I cannot think of any that would gain us anything that we can't already do quite easily and that would be intuitively clear about what it's doing... probably it's not a good idea at all. But the point it that it may be feasible and somebody may actually do it!

Michele
--
I understand that it is possible to express the number of ways of
having k bishops on an n*n board such that they are not attacking each