On Feb 7, 2006, at 13:28, Yuval Kogman wrote:

Apologies if this is insulting to anyone, but personally I think
that Perl 6 (pugs, parrot, everything) is losing too much momentum
lately. I think we need to seriously rethink some of the
implementation plan.

I understand your frustration. I even sympathize, as I had to work through this same frustration a few years ago. But, micromanagement is not the answer to lost momentum. It actually makes things worse, as people throw their effort into defining the problem more and more clearly, instead of throwing their effort into producing shippable code.

If it makes you feel any better, pretty much all projects suffer a loss of momentum after the first year.

Parrot, on the other hand, has noticeably gained momentum the past 6 months or so. AFAICT, this is largely due to the fact that we're close enough to finished that we can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and because Pugs reminded us to hold on to our sense of fun.

Blessings,
Allison