Steve Lukas (>):
Hi @larry,
I want to remember to my proposal from september 2006.
It targets on changing S04. The discussion is summarized on:
http://www.oreillynet.com/onlamp/blog/2006/09/weekly_perl_6_mailing_list_sum_3.html

So, please change S04 as discussed.

I, too, would like to point to this as an important issue. It would be
nice if someone could point to a good reason to change this behavior
from the one in Perl 5. I might be all wrong in my reasons to be
horrified at the following:

 my $foo;
 # ...later in the same scope...
 my $foo; # illegal Perl5, legal Perl6

But if I am, I would like to know why. Perl6 is strict in not letting
the programmer declare a variable less then once, why shouldn't it be
strict in not letting them declare it more than once?

--
masak