On Monday, 18. August 2008 20:38:05 Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> I would somewhat expect
> a reference to be instead handled using a statement like
>
>     $foo[1] := $bar;
>
> Comments and clarifications appreciated.

I would also opt for copy semantics whenever = is used
for assignment. But it seems to be the case that this
is not deep, just like captures are only one level deep
readonly. So, I would also expect $foo[1] = \$bar to
result in 24.

Regards, TSa.
--
"The unavoidable price of reliability is simplicity" -- C.A.R. Hoare
"Simplicity does not precede complexity, but follows it." -- A.J. Perlis