On Tue, 2008-12-02 at 21:21 +0100, Leon Timmermans wrote:
> If you really want it, a macro can fix all of this for you.
> That's the beauty of macros: these kinds of things are possible if you
> need them.

Sure, but user-written macros are also an easy out that allows one to
avoid making hard decisions about syntax and semantics.  Where the base
language is concerned, we should avoid waving our hands and telling the
user to paper over our indecisiveness.

Though perhaps you meant that the base language should implement a few
standard macros that convert sugary syntax into something efficient, in
which case I'm fine with that answer.

-'f