Ovid wrote:
> [...]

No, you don't understand me.  The Foo/Bar example I was giving was
independent of your example.  Rephrasing in your terms, consider the
possibility of a class that's derived from Array, for whatever reason;
call it "Ring".  Now you decide that you want to redefine Array to
include a shuffle method, and so you implement an "Array version 2.0".
 Would you be given a "Ring version 2.0" that derives from Array
version 2.0, or would you have to explicitly ask for it?

As long as you limit your use of class inheritance, the above remains
manageable.  But consider something like the Tk widgets implemented as
a class hierarchy; then consider what happens if you reversion one of
the root widgets.  If you manually have to reversion each and every
widget derived from it, and each and every widget derived from those,
and so on and so forth, in order for your changes to the root to
propagate throughout the class hierarchy...

Instead, I'd rather see an approach where you need only reversion the
base class and those specific derived classes where problems would
otherwise arise due to your changes.

--
Jonathan "Dataweaver" Lang