Moritz Lenz wrote:
Jon Lang wrote:
How do pred and succ work when given Complex values?
By adding/substracting 1 from the real part, I'd say. Don't know if that
actually makes sense.
It doesn't, because succ should always give the next, smallest possible
element given some ordering relation. Neither does it make sense for
real numbers. Same thing applies to pred.

It may be necessary to move methods in the Numeric class that require
ordering and countability to somewhere else.
You do have a pugs commit bit, don't you?
If you find errors, feel free to correct them in the synopsis.
I do. If anyone doesn't object, I'd be happy to move the methods down to
a subclass (or -role) - at least in the spec (not sure what to do with
the code as of now).

Regards,

Michael.