At 14:54 -0500 2009-12-17, Jon Lang wrote:
>Dave Whipp wrote:
>And really, my whole point is that the implementation details are
>(conceptually) the only thing that distinguishes Complex::Polar from
>Complex::Cartesian.

All though  both  e^(i ¼)  and  e^(i 3 ¼)  evaluate to -1 + 0i
it is often useful to be able to distinguish them.
So perhaps the question is do we really want Perl6 to automatically
convert e^(i 3 ¼)  to  e^(i ¼)  internally.  If not, then
we really do want some sort of access to the implementation details.

This is similar to the question for rational numbers if we
really want Perl6 to automatically convert  4/8  to 1/2
and 51/68 to 3/4 internally

So if you mean that we should have access to the implementation details
to see if we have 4/8 rather than 1/2, then I'm with you.

Regards,
Todd Olson