On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 9:21 AM, Mark J. Reed <markjr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> By analogy, I'd say week-of-year should work as well.

Oof, is there a generally accepted for numbering weeks within a year?
A month's boundaries' always coincides with a day's boundary, but a
year only occasionally begins/ends on a week boundary. Come to think
of it, there isn't even consensus on what day of the week constitutes
a week start, even if Perl 6 has chosen a convention.

On the other hand, I won't complain about a "week-of-year" with a good
definition of how it handles weeks 0/1, 52/53. End user can choose to
use it or not. And I'm not too anxious to open up the whole calendar
choice can of worms.