Aaron (>):
> [...]
>
> Many useful results from this suggested change:
>
> "C" .. "A" = <C B A> (Rakudo: <>)

Regardless of the other traits of your proposed semantics, I think
permitting reversed ranges such as the one above would be a mistake.

Rakudo gives the empty list for ranges whose lhs exceeds (fsvo
"exceeds") its rhs, because that's the way ranges work in Perl. The
reason ranges work that way in Perl (in my understanding) is that it's
the less surprising behavior when the endpoints are determined at
runtime.

For explicitly specifying a reverse list of characters, there's still
`reverse "A" .. "C"`, which is not only a straightforward idiom and
huffmanized about right, but also good documentation for the reader.

// Carl