Darren Duncan wrote:
Aaron Sherman wrote:
The more I look at this, the more I think ".." and "..." are reversed.
<snip>
I would rather that ".." stay with intervals and "..." with generators.
<snip>

Another thing to consider if one is looking at huffmanization is how often the versions that exclude endpoints would be used, such as "^..^".

I would imagine that a sequence generator would also have this variability
useful.

Does "..." also come with the 4 variations of endpoint inclusion/exclusion?

If not, then it should, as I'm sure many times one would want to do this, say:

In any event, I still think that the mnemonics of "..." (yadda-yadda-yadda) are more appropriate to a generator, where it says "produce this and so on". A ".." does not have that mnemonic and looks better for an interval.

-- Darren Duncan