Darren (>>>), Carl (>>), Darren (>):
>>> Specific units, even "seconds" should not be mentioned at all in the
>>> definition of "Instant" or "Duration"; instead, any particular units or
>>> calendars or whatever would just be a property of the composing class.
>>
>> No disrespect, but it was the abandonment of abstracty stuff like this
>> that led to us getting a Temporal spec that made sense and could be
>> implemented.
>
> How so?  All I'm proposing is having top level markers that aren't too
> constraining, but everything specced below that can be quite specific and
> implementable. -- Darren Duncan

Happy to hear that. Because in the case of spec that is so stable that
it's even found its way into Rakudo in a very complete form, proposing
radical spec changes like yours practically *requires* working code in
the form of a patch or a completely new Temporal module, if it's to be
anything more than empty talk.

The Temporal module in Rakudo is written in Perl 6. It's very
accessible for experimenting of the type you suggest above. Go for it.

// Carl