I've been running a perl6 program that runs through a loop, dumps intermediate results and starts again with new initialisation values.

The program runs fine for the first three loops, but does appear to slow down and on the fourth time though hangs.

Looking at system resources, the program chews up memory resources continually.

a) Is this a known problem due to garbage collection problems?

b) Is there a work around to actually release re-initialise objects. For instance, I use several arrays and I reinitialised by setting (in a reset method of a class)
@.rray = ();

Does this work?

c) Is there a better way to find the source of the problem than running the program and looking at system resources? Eg. valgrind? I'm not sure how to use this with perl6.

Richard