OK x not xx.

The doubling of operators is confusing.

Richard
On 12/19/2013 10:01 PM, Jonathan Worthington wrote:
On 12/19/2013 3:47, Richard Hainsworth wrote:
Initially I though the following was a bug, but now I'm not sure.

I got these results

perl6 -v
This is perl6 version 2013.09 built on parrot 5.5.0 revision 0
$ perl6
> say '0' xx 4
0 0 0 0
Are you sure you didn't want the x (string repetition) operator, instead of xx (list repetition)?

> print '0' xx 4
0000> print 's' ~ ('0' xx 4)
s0 0 0 0>

I'm not sure why the elements of the expansion are padded with a trailing space in one context but not in another.

print calls .Str, say calls .gist.

I wasn't sure whether this is the specified behaviour.
It is.

If it is how can it be turned off?
Call .Str or .gist on the argument to print/say as needed.

I suspect that the problem will be resolved by using the x operator instead of xx, however. :-)

/jnthn