Dear Perl6 community,

Since this is my first use of git, I did not do what I intended, which was to create a new branch to show my suggestions. Apologies.

Some time back, I suggested revising the front part of all the Synopses and rewriting Synopsis 1.

Basically, it seemed to me that the word "Draft" could be completely eliminated from all Synopses. Basically, the whole process of developing perl6 means that the Synopses are all "drafts" until they are not.

The distance from the Apocalypses is so far that they are historical documents rather than useful sources to refer to.

It seemed to me that the history should be included in Synopsis 1. I have added several sections based on material in the Rakudo star releases and an email from Patrick.

In several Synopses, there are references to editing pod files rather than html files. My suggestion would be to put a note to this effect in the pod->html generator rather than in the pod files.

The result of this work should be to allow for a content.pod file to be generated from the pod files. I have demonstrated the idea with a small script. It does not handle pod6 files well (S15 and S26). It doesn't really produce pod. But if the idea is acceptable, then the script can be enhanced/rewritten.

I have found the lack of a contents of all the Synopses a pain when looking for references.

I hope these suggestions do not cause any offense, none was intended.

Regards,
Richard
finanalyst