On Sun, Jun 26, 2016 at 1:51 PM, Julian Brown <jlbp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I search for packages on Debian Jessie for Perl 6 and found Rakudo and
> Parrot.
>
> Does everyone install per user and not system-wide?
> Does anyone use Parrot instead of Moar?

Debian is, as always, way behind. The Parrot backend hasn't even been
supported for over a year. (There should be be newer packages in unstable,
and possibly already in testing.)

System-wide installation was broken when the new CompUnitRepo stuff was
added, and was only recently fixed --- but still needs more testing, so if
you choose to do a system-wide install of a sufficiently recent rakudo (I
think this means 2016.05 or later) you should expect to be a guinea pig.

allber...@gmail.com                                  ballb...@sinenomine.net