Stephen Zander wrote:

> OpenSource.  Try writing a second Perl implementation from scratch.

Well it's a dicier proposition that writing a Fortran or COBOL
implementation from scratch, but it's Not Intractable.  The next
assertion might come as a small shock to you but Larry isn't god.

Topaz worked, didn't it?

> Were something dreadful to happen to Larry and his estate chose to
> change the licensing terms of the current *implementation*, where
> would Perl6 go? Or even Perl5 for that matter?

We would have to continue operating under the license we have been
granted, which does not contain provision for rescinsion.

--
                                           David Nicol 816.235.1187