> POD should tolerate white space where it now requires empty lines

[...]

> =head1 IMPLEMENTATION
>
> Seems like it should be just a regexp stuck in somewhere

I think this is a specific problem calling for a more general solution.
I can think of two possible ones:

1.  A standard library function to safely but forgivingly read in a
"paragraph". I have cc'd perl6-stdlib since this strikes me as a sensible
candidate for the standard library.

2.  Allowing $/ (or its successor, perhaps set on a per-filehandle
basis) to be a regular expression, not a string.  (Surely there's an RFC
on that somewhere.)

Once either of those solutions is implemented, then then it's a simple
matter for pod tools using it instead of $/ (or whatever).

Since you made this proposal, would you be willing to pursue either
of these options further?

--
    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Dept. of Physics