On Thursday 09 August 2001 03:56 pm, Nathan Wiger wrote:
> This is kinda sketchy to me. I like the module name and version, but
> author is a little weird. For CPAN modules, it should be
> straightforward: it's your CPAN id. But do we really *want* to support
> two modules with the same name but different authors?

I originally thought this, too [1].  Then I thought better of it [2].

Authors don't have to be people, or submit to CPAN.  Companies, for
instance, may offer competing modules in the same namespace.  There are, of
course, other solutions that are viable.

[1] http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg03359.html ,
about two-thirds down.
[2] http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg03366.html

--