OK, I'm sold on a Perl 6 Wiki written in Perl 6-aka the (Perl 6)**2 Wiki.

However, I want it now!

So I'm offering to post a $1,000 prize (The AthenaLab "The 1st Extreme
Leverage Prize" for Perl 6), to be awarded to the person that delivers the
first (Perl 6)**2 Wiki that meets some moderate specifications.

Here's what I currently have in mind.

The prize money would be held in escrow by The Perl Foundation (*IF* they
are willing to handle this). The Perl Foundation would decide when a prize
claimant had adequately realized the specifications. (Entries must be
announced on perl.perl6.users. To facilitate collaboration, the designated
winner may request that the prize be split up and distributed among up-to-10
cohorts or charities, with names and amounts to be publicly specified in
advance on perl.perl6.users.)

The specifications for the (Perl 6)**2 Wiki would be determined (and posted
to perl.perl6.users) by @Larry (*IF* they are willing to handle this). One
of the reasons for wanting @Larry to handle the specification for this prize
is my presumption that they best know what is presently (or soon will be)
"reasonable" to implement. Perl 6 means Pugs + Parrot for purposes of this
prize. (However, if @Larry recommends s/Parrot/Perl5/ for now, that's also
OK with me.) "Practically usable minimalism" and the
(http://www.perldesignpatterns.com/?TinyWiki) approach of starting with "the
simplest (working) thing possible" is fine. The aim is not to impress with
world with the first implementation, but rather to initiate a
self-sustaining chain reaction of improvement that will much later (a year
from now) impress the world with the cumulative rate of progress.

The license must be whatever the prevailing license was for the Pugs (Perl 6
core) svn source tree is at the time the prize is claimed. The source code
would be added to the examples or cookbook section of the Pugs source tree.
(Details to be determined by @Larry.)

The contestant (or contestants) are encouraged to seek help and feedback on
public forums. Just be up-front about it. Taking the initiative needed to
deliver the result is what is being rewarded, not doing it on your own.

The (Perl 6)**2 Wiki must be installed and demonstrated on Feather, Juerd's
Perl 6 development server (*IF* this is OK with him, and if he can arrange
for www.perl6.nl <http://www.perl6.nl/>  to go to the new Wiki, *UNLESS* the
Perl Foundation wants to host the main Wiki, in which case Feather would
still be used for further Wiki prototyping and development.).

We'll need a volunteer to serve as the (Perl 6)**2 Wiki sysadmin, once it
comes online. If no one else steps forward, I'd volunteer to serve as the
(Perl 6)**2 Wiki moderator for any (hopefully very rare) cases of content
issues. (I'd prefer that the Perl Foundation or Perl Mongers took
responsibility for these things, but I don't want to ask for too much at the
outset. To minimize disputes and churning, I suspect the
eventually-high-demand home page should be restricted to moderator-only
updating.)

Best regards,
Conrad Schneiker

www.athenalab.com/ <http://www.athenalab.com/Perl_6_Users_FAQ.htm>