Any decent programming language supports self-recursion, where a subroutine may invoke itself. Perl 6 explicitly also supports this, and even has a special keyword for a routine to refer to itself without knowing its own name, especially useful for anonymous subs; I don't remember that keyword but it may have been something like "SUB" or "SELF". -- Darren Duncan

On 2017-02-04 12:34 AM, ToddAndMargo wrote:
Hi All,

Just out of curiosity, in Perl 6 can a subroutine call itself?

-T

I am  fighting with a broken Net:FTP::rmdir in Perl 5 that
will not recuse as advertised (it is very intermittent).

And I can not use Net::Ftp in Perl 6 as it is hosed and
so is the Inline.

And it seems that Perl 5 doesn't like me calling myself,
which would do wonders for looping on rmdir until I get
everything.