On 2017-07-25 10:05 AM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Darren Duncan wrote:

    However I assume it is the 3 bullet points that the release announcement
    highlights: advanced macros, non-blocking I/O, bits of Synopsis 9 and 11.
    The fact the announcement highlights these implies they are part of the
    creators' definition of "complete".

The "advanced macros" part, at least, probably needs to go away: a large part of
the problem is that nobody actually knows what "advanced macros" for Perl 6
should do, or even look like. (See for example masak's 007, which is a
playground for macros to try to get a handle on the question of what they ought
to be/do.)

I agree with your point and should further say that I think at this point the Rakudo announcements should stop naming that features are missing except where they are key show-stopper-for-some features.

Don't highlight the fact that some things are missing. That would always be the case.

At this point things are complete enough that most people wouldn't even notice things were missing if they weren't told and it doesn't affect them.

In my opinion, non-blocking I/O is the only thing on the list that deserves to be highlighted, that and the warnings about the level of JVM support.

-- Darren Duncan