Hey Chris,

I think if we try to extract and (minimally) generalize the Prima object
system, we'll give Stevan a highly performant C-based object system upon
which to build p5-mop. If ever there was a time to introduce a minimal C
object system into the Perl core, p5-mop would be it.

As an added bonus, if we get involved in this sort of effort, we can lend
more manpower to the effort, which has usually been a two-man show. This
will increase the likelihood that p5-mop gets fully implemented, and bring
some more awareness to PDL.

But then again, I've spoken about Prima's object system and not
successfully extracted it (yet). Eo is written, a known and tested quantity.

It just strikes me as a profound coincidence that p5-mop still hasn't been
finalized, and we're bandying about the notion of a new C-based object
system for PDL. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that this is a moment
to be seized. Why not merge forces?

David