This is a bug in OpenOffice 1.1 for CTL languages. It puts "KASHIDA" glyph
between glyphs for justification of arabic text.
The code seems to be not aware of putting spaces between words and
"KASHIDA" between others, it just knows that arabic can be justified with
"KASHIDA"!!!
It usually put a "KASHIDA" glyph after the "isolated" glyphs so you see it
after "isolated" "NOON" or "VAV" or "REH" , etc.

Best Regards
Soheil Hassas Yeganeh
Computers are like airconditioners, they will not work properly if you
open windows!!!