On the topics of copyrights:

I agree with Modirrousta that there should be more of the
dictionaries and other treasures online in order to
facilitate Persian computing. This should obviously follow
the copyright laws.

As far as online Persian material is concerned, we are in
the "middle ages" (compared to existing corpus in English,
for example). If we all create something and sit on it
hoping to earn some money on our creation, we would neither
become rich nor contribute to the development of the field.
We should create a network where material is shared. Are
we able to handle shareware in our culture?

Finally a question that I am sure has been raised earlier:
are there any character recognition programs for Persian
around?

Jalal