Timbor is no longer on the market; just Bora-Care.

Tom Parker

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Kerschner <rkersch...@shelburnemuseum.org>
To: pestlist <pestlist@museumpests.net>
Sent: Mon, Aug 22, 2011 10:51 am
Subject: RE: [pestlist] My tree problem

Barbara,
We have used Boracare on timbers in our buildings with great success. It
initially darkens the wood, but that eventually seems to fade. Sometimes two
applications are required, but it does halt the infestation. It can only be
used on unpainted or unvarnished wood. I believe Timbore is a similar product
from a different company.
Rick

Richard L. Kerschner
Director of Preservation and Conservation
Shelburne Museum
PO Box 10, Route 7
Shelburne, VT   05482
(802) 985-3348 x3361