From: ad...@museumpests.net [mailto:ad...@museumpests.net] On Behalf Of Pat
Kelley
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 12:51 PM
To: 'pestlist@museumpests.net'
Subject: [pestlist] RE: Anobium traps/lures

To post to this list send it as an email to
pestlist@museumpests.net<mailto:pestlist@museumpests.net>

Daniel,

The company Agrisense in the UK had a lure that was effective for Anobium
punctatum back in the 1990's. The picture on the Australian website appears to
be an Agrisense trap. Sometime in the early 2000's the lab doing this synthesis
work for Agrisense discontinued synthesizing this pheromone and thus Agrisense
discontinued selling the lures. I have not heard that they overcame this
problem.

Insects Limited has attempted to synthesize this compound unsuccessfully. It is
an extremely difficult pheromone to synthesize and my guess is that is the
reason that the Agrisense lab quit making it in the first place.

I would be interested to see if the company in the Australian website can
actually supply this product. If so, I would like to hear how it is working for
anyone using it. If there is a pheromone that has sound chemistry that has been
field tested product being offered here, Insects Limited would be more than
happy to carry it for the US market. I tend to be a little skeptical after more
than a decade with only a few products being offered that have basically no
attraction to Anobium.

In the mean time, Dr. Uwe Nolt of the Johann Heinrich von Thunen- Institute
(vTI)in Germany has done lots of great work with Anobium by monitoring with
light traps and paper coverings on focused areas of wooden structures and
wooden collections.

Pat

Patrick Kelley,

Insects Limited, Inc.

16950 Westfield Park Road
Westfield, IN 46074  USA

Phone: (317) 896-9300 Fax: (317) 867-5757
Email: p.kel...@insectslimited.com<mailto:p.kel...@insectslimited.com> website:
www.insectslimited.com<http://www.insectslimited.com/>