I suggest you talk to Joe Perko at Rapid Refile, a company that does vacuum
freeze-drying and other kinds of disaster mitigation.  They have fabulous
freezing capabilities, and everyone there is knowledgeable and a pleasure to
work with.  Their facility is in Pennsylvania under 2 hours from NYC.  Phone:
877-59-RAPID.

I am very much against using chemical pesticides in cases like this.  No matter
how sure you may be about safety, some of your users would no doubt be
uncomfortable handling the material.  These days, people have plenty of reason
not to believe it when they're told that some chemical is safe. You absolutely
cannot put yourself in a position where you use chemicals and don't tell
anyone.  IF then someone finds out, it will look like you were hiding something
bad.

Barbara Appelbaum

Appelbaum & Himmelstein
444 Central Park West