From: Rosa Lowinger <rlowin...@rosalowinger.com>
To: pestlist <pestlist@museumpests.net>
Sent: Fri, Feb 1, 2013 3:27 pm
Subject: [pestlist] termites in parquet floor

I am working on a small historic house that is being renovated by its owner.
In removing insect damaged maple parquet floor tiles they found live termite
larvae. They were identified by a fumigator as drywood termites but I'm not
sure it's true.  The damaged boards have all been removed but of course we
don't know if the termites are there in other boards.  So the question is:  To
tent or not to tent?  This is an empty building at present, in Florida.  Are
there other reliable methods for getting rid of these pests?

Rosa Lowinger, Principal and Chief Conservator
Rosa Lowinger & Associates - Conservation of Art + Architecture
Los Angeles • Miami
 305.573.7011  323.377.8425
www.rlaconservation.com