Vapona (Dichlorvos) is under a different formulation than it was years ago.
Produced now as Nuvan strip made by AMVAC. Also as Hot Shot No Pest Strip. It's
not registered in Canada.  It's an organophosphate insecticide, a
cholinesterase inhibitor action material. Atropine is the antidote. Different
ones are formulated for professional use and some for general public use.  I
think it's a big problem in letting the public use it; they really don't read
the instructions that well.  I really don't know if I'd include it as a product
for your book, unless of course, you are also including other insecticides and
pros and cons.

Louis N. Sorkin, B.C.E.
Entomologist, Arachnologist
Division of Invertebrate Zoology
American Museum of Natural History
Central Park West at 79th Street
New York, New York 10024-5192
sor...@amnh.org
212-769-5613 voice
212-769-5277 fax

The New York Entomological Society, Inc.
www.nyentsoc.org
n...@amnh.org