I am thinking that the larva from Loc 54 is a dermestid of some sort. Anyone
have any thoughts as to what the other larva and the two beetle might be?

Regards,

Holly

From: pestlist@museumpests.net [mailto:pestlist@museumpests.net]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2014 12:20 PM
To: pestlist@museumpests.net
Subject: [pestlist] identification help

I have two different beetle larvae and beetles that I am hoping to help
identify.

Loc 54 larva is just over  a 1 mm in length

Loc 37 Beetle – around 2.25mm in length. Head can’t be seen from above

Loc 70 larva – amber colored 3 mm in length (perhaps an Odd beetle larva) So
sorry for the little guy. Still alive and I pulled out a goodly number of hairs
turning him over.

Loc 41 Beetle – between 2 ½ - 2 ¾ mm in length. He ended up being “drawn and
quartered” so to speak when turned over!

Thanks so much in advance for any help!

Holly
[cid:image001.jpg@01D01061.E02222B0]
Holly Lundberg
Conservator
(312) 799-2069 direct, (312) 799-2369 fax
lundb...@chicagohistory.org<mailto:lundb...@chicagohistory.org>

Chicago History Museum
1601 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60614-6038