What will you be putting in it? The outside can be sprayed with BoraCare if the
wood is raw, plug the holes and it should be marked somewhere that it has been
treated
In case it ever gets into circulation so no one ever uses it food or drink wise
in the future. You could always freeze it plug the holes and     Seal the
outside with a clear coat I would think...then monitor it on a reg basis. Joel
Voron Colonial Williamsburg

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 9, 2016, at 2:16 PM, Betsy Bruemmer