From: Tony Irwin
Sent: 02 June, 2017 16:28
To: pestlist@museumpests.net
Subject: Re: [pestlist] attagenus larva

This is a message from the Museumpests.net  List.
To unsubscribe look at the footer of this email.

Hi Tatjana
There are other genera of dermestid larvae that have long posterior hair tufts
(Trogoderma, Anthrenocerus), and your specimen appears to have a dense tuft of
setae on the terminal segment, which would suggest it is not Attagenus. Also it
looks like there is a small Anthrenus skin under the larger skin as well.
Treatment will be the same whichever species is involved, but if you want a
positive identification, I'm happy to look at the specimen for you.
Best wishes
Tony

Dr A.G.Irwin

47 The Avenues