You mentioned the behavior depends on the OS (and application) of the server. When Oracle runs on Solaris, it works. And when you connect to the Linux Oracle to another service (ssh, etc.), it works, too?
I am not allowed to log into Linux/Oracle server. I tried with netcat on a sister machine of the L/O server and this worked okay.

Could you run a tcpdump -nvvvSpi <int_if> to catch all packets of a new connection up to the point where it stalls? You can use a filter expression (like 'host 192.168.101.14') to only capture packets of a single connection, as the stall occurs after around 130 packets, the log shouldn't get too large.
Find the log attached. The client this time was 192.168.101.9.

Cheers, Steve

Help STOP SPAM: Try the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail