On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:46:25PM +0100, Cedric Berger wrote:

> Now the issue is that tools like pfstat, hatchet need to be
> upgraded to use the new IOCTLs, i.e. use DIOCIGETIFACES instead
> of DIOCGETSTATUS.

I have a first version of pfstat that collects per-interface statistics,
allowing to draw "fxp0:bytes_v4_in_pass" etc. A tarball is on

  http://www.benzedrine.cx/pfstat-1.8.tar.gz

Edit /usr/ports/net/pfstat/Makefile, replace 1.7 with 1.8, make fetch,
make makesum, make install. You'll need a recent -current for the new
ioctl.

pfstat -q logs all existing interfaces with non-zero counters, which
takes more space, but has the advantage that you don't have to decide in
advance what interfaces you want to draw graphs for later. Give it a
try, if you like, and let me know how it works for you. You don't have
to delete your existing /var/log/pfstat, but interface graphs will only
show something interesting after the new pfstat -q has gathered some new
data, of course.

If you haven't tried it for whatever reason, don't bother to send
feature suggestions, either ;)

Daniel