Hi,

I am trying to ge these two features to work together. The rule I am using
for load balancing is:

pass in log-all on $int_if route-to \
    { ($ext_if1 <gws_if1>) , ($ext_if2 <gws_if2>) }  round-robin \
    inet proto tcp from $lan_net to any flags S/SA modulate state

I am following Daniel's intructions (http://www.benzedrine.cx/transquid.html)
 for setting up transparent squid. Now, since web traffic is automatically
redirected to 127.0.0.1:3128, I think there must be a pass rule, like the one
below, BEFORE the above rule. Otherwise, squid will not be able to handle
the web traffic.

pass in quick on $int_if inet proto tcp from any to 127.0.0.1:3128 keep state

Then the traffic is delivered to squid to be dealt with. But, then this
means squid will use the default route to open the http connection to the
Internet server and bypass the load balance rule, right?

So, is this setup incompatible or there is some trick I can do to make it
work?

Thanks in advance and sorry if I did not make my point understandable.

Regards,

ebl