Howdy,

Is it possible to rewrite packet payloads with pf, or failing that, some other
tool on OpenBSD? I want to replace a series of four bytes with a different
four bytes every time it occurs in the payload of an outgoing packet, but
extensive Googling hasn't turned up anything. The reason for this is that I'm
trying to get a braindead game that sends the IP of the interface on which it
is running in the payload of a UDP packet to work. I know this functionality
is available in some consumer-level "router in a box" products, but so far I
have not been able to figure out how to do it with OpenBSD. Alternatively, if
anyone knows of a Windows utility that performs the equivalent function,
please speak up, as rewriting the packet before it hits my OpenBSD-based
router would likely work just as well.

Many thanks,

Jeff