> They would have to have been
> really serious about protecting their patent to threaten Sun; remember
> that almost all FW1 installations (checkpoints cash cow) were dependant
> on solaris boxes.

Perhaps.  OTOH, if you don't protect IP, you lose it.  That is why so
many warnings about infringement get sent.  You have to, or the
evidence that you've
stopped protecting it can be used against you in a future infringement suit.

It looks like Checkpoint's patent is number 5,606,668.

http://tinyurl.com/dzhf2

Unfortunately I can't view the images from this workstation, so it's a
bit hard to follow the text.
--
http://www.lightconsulting.com/~travis/  -><-
"We already have enough fast, insecure systems." -- Schneier & Ferguson