On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 01:35:37PM +1100, Johan Allard wrote:
> echo "pass in on ne3 dup-to (lo1 1.1.12.1) inet all keep state" > /
> etc/pf.conf
> pfctl -e
> pfctl -f /etc/pf.conf
> and the first packet coming in on ne3 will cause a kernel dump, see
> attached screenshot.

I didn't view the screenshot (were you running it as a virtual
machine or something?), but I'll make some wild guesses..

It could be that the kernel doesn't like packets not addressed
to it arriving on loopback interfaces.  Or it could be some kind
of infinite loop like the old "land" attack (srcip=dstip=us).
Is forwarding enabled on this kernel?