Hi

On Monday, May 22, 2017, <mammoth.po...@gmx.us> wrote:

> The new 1.5 version feels slower than the previous 1.4 version.
>

> The durations of second start (with system cache):
>

> V1.4 - 21s
>
> V1.5 - 33s
>

> Like you can see, something take longer at the end of the start. This must
> be the problem. (I hope the screenshot will not be deleted from message)
>

> Another actions like expanding of the tree feels longer to, but I did not
> analyzed this yet.
>

> pgAdmin 4 v1.5
>
> Desktop Runtime
>
> Windows 10 x64 1511
>

> CPU:     3,5GHz
>
> RAM:    32GB
>
> HDD:    SSD RAID 1

Wow, that is slow. It takes ~13s to start on my (generally quite slow)
1.2GHz Intel Core MacBook with 8GB RAM. I'm beginning to wonder if there's
an issue on Windows that's causing this and some similar reports we've
heard of general slowness that just aren't familiar to us.

In any case, that doesn't explain the difference between 1.4 and 1.5. I
can't see anything in the changelog that I would expect to make a material
difference. Ashesh, Akshay - any thoughts?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company