Hi,

I'm using Postgres Plus Advanced Server on HP-UX 11.31 and found that the
online recovery does not work here.

pgPool version is 3.0.3-4

$pcp_recovery_node  -d 20 localhost 9898 edb edb 1
DEBUG: send: tos="R", len=41
DEBUG: recv: tos="r", len=21, data=AuthenticationOK
DEBUG: send: tos="D", len=6
DEBUG: recv: tos="e", len=20, data=recovery failed
DEBUG: command failed. reason=recovery failed
BackendError
DEBUG: send: tos="X", len=4

I can see the following in the log:
LOG:  incomplete startup packet
LOG:  connection failed during start up processing: user= database=

Moreover, I do not see pgpool_recovery_node statement in the log, so wondering
if it is really getting executed. I have tried my scripts on Linux and it
worked all fine. So, there is no issue with the pgpool.conf or my basebackup
and other files.. Could this be an issue of HPUX?

Thanks.