Check it out here:

http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com/pg_vs_fb

When comparing in the grid the only major advantage FB has is probably BLOB support. PG only suppports 1 gb while FB supports 32gb. Bytea is pretty slow as well when compared to the FB BLOB support.

The other area is Character sets and collation. They support it at a field level as well as the database.

Other than that I would say PG kicks butt.

If there is any interest I could also add MySQL 5.0 to the mix as the third column.

Later,

Tony