Adrian Klaver wrote:
I have a question. First a little history. Right now, the people who know better than I are fairly certain Postgres is not changing things on its own and the developer is certain the CMS software is not doing schema changes. As I understand it logging has been cranked up to test both those assumptions. My question is, how are legitimate schema changes done? Just wondering if there is a third party involved.
In the version used on this particular server, there is no automatic/programing way of changing the schema. Upgrades are done manually and application itself doesn't need schema changes
for routine operations...
It's nothing more, nothing less than set of PHP scripts/procedural language functions and few utility
scripts doing quite simple DML statements...

Regards,
--
Kamil